Unified Patent Court
A single patent court for Member States of the European Union
We have taken or envisaged to take the following actions to guarantee appropriate performance of the key Sunrise functionalities of the CMS.
Dear users of the UPC Case Management System,
As you may have experienced, the CMS has recently faced performance issues due to a high number of instructions to the database. This is in particular when filing opt-outs via the user interface, as well as when using APIs (public and private).
A first batch of improvements have been performed over the week-end of 13 May 2023.
Other actions are being implemented:
1. Increase of the infrastructure capacities (effective as of 17/05).
2. Request sent to important API users to limit their request only to the necessary ones.
3. Clearing of the stagnant statuses in the queue backlog (effective soon).
4. Limit the number of requests from public APIs.
5. Investigate other performance improvements and implement them.
Other actions are under consideration:
6. Close requests from public APIs if necessary.
7. Limit access to private APIs to restrict requests to only critical ones.
8. Second batch of increase of infrastructure capacities.
For the benefits of the overall community, we will appreciate if you can limit the usage of APIs as much as you can by avoiding multiple requests of statuses and receipts. In particular take some time before requesting the status of the opt-out and/or the PDF receipt. We would like to remind you that the PDF’ receipts will always be available at any given point in time.
Be sure that we are closely monitoring the performance and processing of the CMS and working hard to ensure we will be able to handle all opt-out before the end of the Sunrise. As you know, the possibility to opt-out a patent will remain possible after the end of the Sunrise and at least for the first seven years of the UPCA entry into force.